There are over a million carers in the UK and you may be one of them. If you provide unpaid practical and emotional support to a person who would not manage without your help, you're a carer.
Caring for someone can be physically and emotionally demanding, but it can also be very rewarding. You may find that it has brought you closer to the person you're caring for.
Caring for someone can mean:
- Being someone to talk to and a good listener
- Helping with everyday tasks
- Providing transport
- Helping with household jobs
- Helping with other healthcare tasks
- Babysitting for children
- Being there and giving general support.
We can provide information and support for carers as well as a monthly carer's café for anyone who supports someone with cancer.