People affected by cancer including their carers are often concerned about financial problems due to reduced income and increased costs such as travelling expenses and extra heating.
From February 2016, the Macmillan cancer Information & Support Service will have a benefits adviser available who can help by working out the financial help you may be entitled to. The adviser has specialist knowledge of benefits, tax credits and grants.
Ongoing advice can be offered if you need this. We can also make referrals to specialist housing and employment advisers.
Our benefits adviser can help you with:
- Checking you are receiving the correct income
- Applying for social security benefits & tax credits
- Appealing against benefit decisions
- Issues with your benefit claims such as overpayments
- Health costs, such as prescriptions and travel to hospital
- Accessing charitable grants
- Applying for housing and council tax benefit
- Help with means tested and non means tested benefits e.g Benefits for carers and disability benefits
- Help to complete forms and apply for benefits
- Advise on arrears which may have accrued for rent, council tax, fuel etc
- Explain statutory sick pay and employment pay entitlements
- Make referrals for independent financial advice
- Help with Blue Badge applications
If you are a Bolton resident and would like to speak to our benefits adviser, please call 01204 663059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org