Make sure your patients don’t face cancer alone. As a health or social care professional, you come into regular contact with people who are struggling to cope with the physical, practical and emotional effects of cancer.
Some of them may feel very isolated and lonely, especially if they have no family or friends close by. Or they may worry about asking the same people for support time after time.
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service is here to provide a helping hand to people living with cancer, their carers’ and family and friends.
Support we can provide includes:
- Offering a listening ear, time to talk and meet others affected by cancer
- Information on specific cancers, cancer services and treatments
- From December 2015, access to a Macmillan Benefits Adviser
- Signposting to services providing help with employment issues
- Information on cancer screening and health awareness
- Support groups for people affected by cancer and their carers.
If you would like to refer your patient to Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service, please call 01204 663059 or email us at email@example.com As a health or social care professional, you know that cancer is the toughest fight most people will ever face. That’s why we provide a range of support, resources and opportunities to help professionals in their role.